Wednesday, May 23, 2007

May 23

Well, folks, great, great news! The scans look really good! The doc spent about an hour with us going over stuff. The spots on my lungs and liver are 'gone', though he said there could be minute amounts that the scan can't pick up... Even in the original area, it was very iffy that he could see anything there or not.

In my case, he considers my condition 'chronic', which, in the longrun, I may have to go in every 6 months, or a year, or two, to get treatments. Like a 'maintenance' program. They just don't believe that this will ever go completely away. So he suggests I get 6 more cycles of chemo for now, or whatever I can and am willing to tolerate.

He also wants us to go up and confer with the doc in Seattle. So, we should be doing that in the next couple of weeks. He doesn't want me to go any longer than a few weeks without continuing treatment, so I might get a little break here (or a big one, depending on what I decide!)

I'm still weighing my options, still need to talk to the docs in Seattle to make final decisions on more surgery, treatment, etc. I am still considering and praying about alternative medicine.

My doctor said should I decide to do that, that he'd like to be checking me regularly to make sure things are still looking good. It would be a leap of faith but part of me is very curious to see if it would work, and of course, I'd feel great while doing it.

So, we'll keep you posted as we go. I attribute this good report to the many many prayers going forth on my behalf.

Thank you, thank you so much,
Jane

4 comments:

Herbert Berman said...

Dear Jane:
Being that the scans came out so well is a big indication that the prayers for healing are working. I will keep mine going. You just have to take a step at a time, and your faith will see you through all this. Enjoy the sun. Love, Regina

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous Jane! I am so happy for you that I am in tears. Your attitude toward all of this is so great.

Joyful beyond words!

Praying for wisdom for the next step.

Much Love,
Carol W.

Anonymous said...

Hallelujia! I am so happy for you Jane!
Cindy K.

rosepua said...

Woo-hoo! So, wanna ride, soon? ;) MA