Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 26

The cave? Well, I feel like I'm poking my head out. I am now in what have typically been my 'good days'. I do have more energy since yesterday but the neuropathy is still here pretty much, maybe has subsided a bit. The nurse told me these side effects are accumulative and I can attest to that this week... But despite how my hands feel, I am going to try to take a cycle ride sometime in the next couple of days and see how it goes. You can say right now I am 'living to ride'! It brings me such pleasure and a sense of freedom.

I've been at work this week working on our newsletter and program, so am putting in at least some hours there. It feels good to be doing something productive and to be among my co-workers. They are such awesome people!

Sidenote: If you think about it, this might seem a small thing, but I'd appreciate prayers to know what to do with one of my cats, Shanzi. She is what I would consider my 4th child, and she's very sick. It's strange, but she started to go downhill right afer my surgery. The vet thinks she might have cancer, if you can believe that! But, of course, we don't have the resources and it's just not feasible to do any tests on her. She's 12 years old. She weighs 4 pounds, is virtually skin and bones, and her care at this point is wearing on us. It's hard to know what to do because she doesn't seem to be in pain, she's still mobile and eats ravenously (she's in a constant state of hunger), but if I feed her too much, then it comes right back out... enough details.

Thanks, have a great weekend!
Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

I am grateful you are feeling a bit better - you are such a trooper and role model for many. I read about your kitty and I am struggling with a similar situation with my cat, Mister. He is almost 15 and has diabetes and has lost so much weight and does not want to eat, I think he weighted in a 5.9 pounds. Prayers are powerful, and this lesson with Mister really helps me deal with losing Uncle Babe so quickly. If you feel up to talking let me know and I would love to call you and offer support. Mister is my "Grandson" and has been the man of the house until Jeff came into our life. I will send extra prayers.

All of love,

Sara & Jeff
(408) 910-3408

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane,

It's Saturday and I hope you're out riding in this gorgeous sunshine! I'm so glad you are able to come to work on your good days. You are a, very important part of our family and we miss you (in many ways) when you can't be there. = )

We love you, hang in there!
Marcia