Friday, April 13, 2007

April 13

Hello on today, Friday the 13th. (glad I'm not supersticious!) This is one of my good days, heading into the weekend before next treatment on Monday. Thankfully, I've been given a ton of articles to proof-read next week, so I can do this at home and take breaks when I need to. What a wonderful job God has provided for me with wonderfully flexible working staff and pastors!

Here are a few quotes and thoughts I've come across in the last few days:

"A day dawns, quite like other days; in it, a single hour comes, quite like other hours; but in that day and in that hour the chance of a lifetime faces us." -(from the web, by Maltie Babcock)

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes,
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit...
Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed;
Save me and I will be saved, for Thou art my praise.
Jeremiah 17:7-8, 14

We are not called to trust blindly (though granted, sometimes in darkness it feels that way). We need to be proactive in what time and slice of life has been given to us. We are created in the image of God, and He is a creative, powerful God. So, we too are called to be creative, wise, discerning, powerful in the spirit that He has breathed into us. Because of this, I believe God has called me to begin each day in newness, strength, and healing.

He is guiding me to let go of the past, not to worry about my future, and mostly to enjoy each day resting in His care. He is my 100% surety in a life of chance and uncertainty. Until He tells me further, and because up to now, He hasn't told me otherwise, I believe I am to consider myself to be healed on this day, not by my strength or sheer determination alone, but by the same power that created the heavens and that raised Christ from dead flesh. Yes, my life can be extended through many supplemental means (i.e. treatment, nutrition, etc.) and my human survival instincts lead me to these measures, and these things in and of themselves, are good. But in the end, I'm convinced, that He's the only one who knows the exact number of my days, whether they be just one more, or 40 more years. (I've asked Him for 40 because I'd like to live to see my nineties!)

Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed;
Save me and I will be saved, for Thou art my praise (trust, anchor).

Thanks again to all for your caring support and prayers.

Have a great weekend. Let's hope for some sun breaks!
Jane


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

It was so interesting to me to read your thoughts at this time. Thanks for taking the time to share them.

Karen B.