Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 24

The scan showed overall improvement, which is good. My CEA level has come down to 11 (from 17) which is also good. I missed treatment this week because of the cold, but will go in next Wednesday (30th) for treatment #6 of this round. In the meantime, I'm on a 7-day course of antibiotics. We're going to stay on the current regime, which is also good, as I didn't want to go back on the oxylyplatin. Kind of nice to have a break, but also still want to get treatment. It's a paradox!

My oncologist and surgeon have contacted the doc up in Seattle, so we're waiting to hear back from him. My sense is that he may want to see more remission before doing the surgery, so we'll hopefully hear back from him in the next few days.

Just waiting, listening, hoping, surviving, surrendering, enjoying each day.

More later,
Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jane:
While on antibiotics, take a cup of Dannon Yogurt a day. That is 8 ounces. It has the stuff in it to protect your tummy. You can take pills but its nicer to take some nice tasting yogurt instead. Happy to hear that you are better. Prayers are working. Glad you got my huggy card. Take care of yourself, and I will call you next week to see how you are doing. Love and Prayers, Regina

rosepua said...

Are you enjoying the surprise outside? It completely caught me off guard, and I'm lovin' it! :) MA