Friday, June 6, 2008

River of Life

Every day that goes by, something changes. The river of life continues to flow; relentless, never stopping. It meanders, changes course, ebbs and flows, but continues steadily on.

As I ride on my raft on the river of life, there are times when I have been able to see well ahead on a calm, lazy section of water. At other times, I hear the faint sound of rushing water, and round a bend, only to be slammed up against rocks and trees; sometimes tumbling under, scratching and clawing my way to the surface, climbing back on top of the raft.

Jane's sister Terry left this morning; a few minutes ago. She stood by my side, and helped care for Jane for the past 5 weeks. Terry made sacrifices of love, money, and time to honor me and Jane in caring for her at the end of life. It was very hard to see her go, yet another bend in the river of life.

1 comment:

rosepua said...

Terry, what a blessed sister you are! Love, MA